Admission And Fees
We welcome applications from around the world.
Applications can be submitted at any time of year, though we recommend applying a minimum of six months in advance in order to secure a place. This is particularly important for those wanting to stay in the College boarding house, where places are in high demand.
The decision to accept a student is based on a number of different factors. These include, but are not limited to:
- Interview – online or face to face
- Academic track record, based on previous school reports
- Reasons for wanting to study at Scots College
- Co-curricular activities – sporting, cultural or other
- English ability
- Attitude and motivation
- Availability of places
Students with limited English may be required to spend a period of time in our intensive English ‘Language Nest’ before moving into a mainstream academic programme. This will typically be for two terms (one semester) but could be anywhere from one term to one year.
Steps for applying for Admission:
- Complete an online application here
- Student interview
- Interview times will be set once we have received the application
- Offer of Place received from the School (if application is successful)
- Full fees paid to the School to confirm the Offer
- Fees Receipt and Confirmation Offer of Place received from School
- Application for New Zealand student visa submitted to Immigration New Zealand
- Medical and Travel insurance to be confirmed
International student fees for 2023 can be found here
Click here for our Refund Policy for International Students.
Our calendar of Term dates for 2022/3 can be found here