Admission And Fees
We welcome applications from around the world.
Applications can be submitted at any time of year, though we recommend applying a minimum of six months in advance in order to secure a place. This is particularly important for those wanting to stay in the College boarding house, where places are in high demand.
The decision to accept a student is based on a number of different factors. These include, but are not limited to:
- Interview – online or face to face
- Academic track record, based on previous school reports
- Reasons for wanting to study at Scots College
- Co-curricular activities – sporting, cultural or other
- English ability
- Attitude and motivation
- Availability of places
Students with limited English may be required to spend a period of time in our intensive English ‘Language Nest’ before moving into a mainstream academic programme. This will typically be for two terms (one semester) but could be anywhere from one term to one year.
Steps for applying for Admission:
- Complete an online application here
- Student interview
- Interview times will be set once we have received the application
- Offer of Place received from the School (if application is successful)
- Full fees paid to the School to confirm the Offer
- Fees Receipt and Confirmation Offer of Place received from School
- Application for New Zealand student visa submitted to Immigration New Zealand
- Medical and Travel insurance to be confirmed
International student fees for 2021 can be found here
Click here for our Refund Policy for International Students.