- Senior School
- School Life
- Senior School Academic Programmes
- Curriculum & Assessment
- House System
- Pastoral Care
- Career Planning & Support
- Key Staff & Contacts
The Scots lion in reflection of the Smith family heritage
Head of House
Named in honour of Alexander Smith (1873-1948) and his family.
- Alex, involved with the college from its early days at Monorgan Road as a board member for 26 years and chairman for six, was justly hailed as “man of the moment” for spearheading the drive to rescue Scots in 1929/30 when the school suffered a financial crisis and was briefly closed.
- Three generations of the Smith family have attended Scots and, like Alex, have always been strong supporters of the College and among the first to donate to any worthy cause.
- The Smith Lecture Room, named after Alex Smith, was opened in 1995 by his son Douglas (a Scots Old Boy) and recognises the family’s support.