The success of Scots College as an independent college in Wellington is in the quality of its well-qualified, committed staff and the support groups which ensure its financial security and ongoing communication to parents and friends of the College.
The Scots College community is composed of students, current and past parents, past pupils, staff, the Board, and people who have either contributed or are actively participating in the further development of the College, notably:
- the Scots Collegians Association, whose sole mission is to keep past pupils of Scots College in touch with each other and actively interested in the life and development of the College;
- the Parents’ Association to which current parents and guardians become members and is very much involved in activities that benefit their kids and the school overall;
- the Scots College Foundation is a Charitable Trust, established to work in partnership with College management and staff to build and maintain a strong capital base to ensure the long-term independence and financial security of Scots College.
- the Development office, which is largely responsible for both Friend and Fundraising. The office is keen to engage with Past Pupils and their friends and Family to keep them in touch with each other and with what the College is up to today. The office is also responsible for managing current fundraising campaigns to advance the College.
- the ‘Friends of Scots College’ composed of parents of Scots past pupils, together with former College staff;
- the Board of Governors, responsible for the overall operation of the College;
- the Scots College Supporters’ Club;