- Senior School
- Co-educational Senior School
- School Life
- Curriculum & Assessment
- Learning Support
- House System
- Pastoral Care
- Career Planning & Support
- Key Staff & Contacts
Education Outside the Classroom
Education Outside The Classroom (EOTC) is a valued part of the Scots curriculum. Taking students outside the classroom, away from the city and letting them discover and learn through their time in the outdoors is an essential part of the ‘All Round’ education.
Camp programmes are led by a combination of trained teachers and fully accredited outside providers to give students an authentic outdoors experience that both challenges and inspires. We have an excellent variety of experiences to challenge individual students through their Middle and Senior School years.
We aim to:
- provide students with opportunities to be challenged in an outdoor environment;
- reinforce the learner profiles that are taught in the classroom like being balanced, risk takers and reflective.
- promote appreciation of our heritage – local, national and global;
- increase students’ awareness and understanding of the traditions and values of their own and other cultural groups;
- increase studets’ understanding of different perspectives on land, natural resources and the environment, and of the need for conservation management;
- provide students with opportunities for enjoyment, adventure and challenge, both close to home and far away;
- provide students with opportunities to enhance spiritual, physical and mental well-being through uplifting experiences in a natural environment;
- develop students’ skills so they can move with confidence and safety in urban, rural and wilderness settings;
- help students develop respect for themselves and others, by providing them with opportunities for personal and social development;
During the first term all year groups (7-13) will move away from the classroom environment for an entire week. Staff will also be off timetable and will join the groups on camp and can benefit from the experiential learning as well as building stronger relationships with the students. We currently undertake trips to Marlborough Sounds, Abel Tasman, Tongoriro and Great Barrier OPC as well a variety of resources in the greater Wellington area.
For inquiries regarding EOTC activities, please contact Peter Connell.
Online Consent & Registration (Not Live Yet)
Parent Portal (Spider/PCSchool) - Consent Form Registration. For Technical problems please contact Damian Ormsby at email@example.com