- Application Process
- Domestic Application Form
- Open Days
- Uniform & Shop
- Contact our Enrolment Team
- Pay Fees Online (Student and Family Fees)
Scots College Shuttle Services
Scots College operates daily shuttle services, mornings and afternoons, for students who reside in Central/Lower Hutt. There is also a shuttle for students from the 8.30am Eastbourne ferry at Seatoun wharf and then travels to the College.
Seatoun Wharf – Morning only
Pick up at the wharf, departure time determined by arrival time of ferry.
Hutt Valley – Morning and afternoon
Pick up 1 – Chilton St James, 7.15am
Pick up 2 – Subway Petone, 7.25am
Pick up 3 – Kathmandu Store, 7.30am
- Drop-off points are the same as the pick-up ones for Island Bay and Central Hutt and can be interchanged if required
- The Central Hutt and Island Bay shuttles operate to and from the College, while the Seatoun shuttle operates to the College from Seatoun in the morning only.
- All shuttles operate on a termly basis and, if numbers are high, preference is given to those students who make the return trip.
- Available only to Scots students – both Prep, Middle and Senior.
- Limited places available with preference given to return passengers/those who use the service the most throughout the school week.
- Students arrive at College no later than 8.30am and depart from the College at 3.40pm.
Students using any shuttle or Tranzit bus service must possess either a Term Pass or a 10 Trip Pass. 10 trip passes continue to be valid across terms. Passes can be ordered online and collected from the College uniform shop or the Business Centre during school holidays. Payments for these passes are charged to your account.
Students are required to show their pass to the driver when boarding for each trip. Drivers will mark each trip on a 10 trip pass.
|Tranzit Buses||Term Pass||10 Trip|
|Seatoun (mornings only)||n/a||$35|
Booking of these services and passes can be made on the Transport Pass Order Form. These costs are reviewed each term and are dependent on the number of passengers. Orders are now open for Term 1 2020 passes with tickets available for collection from January 13.
For all enquiries, please email Anne Bolton, College Secretary, at email@example.com or phone on 04-3880850.