- Senior School
- Co-educational Senior School
- School Life
- Senior School Programmes Information
- Curriculum & Assessment
- House System
- Pastoral Care
- Career Planning & Support
- Key Staff & Contacts
May Careers Update
The following information is especially relevant for Year 13 students as the next few months contain some crucial dates for 2021 university applications.
- General NZ University information
- Scholarships open in the next few weeks for students to apply and close on August 1st – 15 depending University.
- All universities display information on their own websites about the scholarships they offer. Other websites that provide useful information and links are:
- Accommodation dates for 2021 applications are as follows:
- applications open on August 1st and close in Mid – September.
- Offers are then sent on the 1st
- It is good to note that rooming will be done on a first-in-first-served basis, this means first to accept their accommodation offer and pay their deposit.
- A reminder to students that these applications need considerable thought and are not be rushed – you only get one shot at them so it must be your best shot. Make sure you plan your applications and communicate with your House Dean and/or Mr Henley-Smith if you need guidance.
- Remember also that references take a significant amount of time to write and House Deans and senior staff will be busy writing many. Please give them plenty of notice with your requests; you can not expect immediate turn around!
- University Updates
I have compiled the following information from each of the universities for you. As things are still very dynamic in terms of what the rest of 2020 and beyond may look like you must regularly check university websites for the most up-to-date information regarding applications and dates.
University of Canterbury
Liaison Advisor: Jordan Brannigan
An update has already been sent to parents regarding a recent Zoom meeting organised by the university.
University of Auckland
Liaison Advisor: Mere Mansell
They are strongly encouraging students to apply now to register their details with the University of Auckland and to enter their details to receive updates from the University in order to maintain contact and receive updates from the University of Auckland into the future.
Liaison Advisor: Barbara Scott
Information related to Courses can be found on their website. Massey are also planning an online Information Evening in May – more on that when the details are firmed up.
University of Waikato
Liaison Advisor: Waikohu Keelan
Update and Course Information:
University of Otago
Liaison Advisor : Prajesh Chhanabhai
Phone/Text: 021 279 9803
Key resources are updates are available on our webpage: https://www.otago.ac.nz/liaison/index.html
Course information: https://www.otago.ac.nz/liaison/school-career-advisers/resources/index.html
University of Victoria, Wellington
Liaison advisor: Leah Edmonds
Our student liaison officers will be offering “Introduction to Victoria University of Wellington” webinars from Monday 20 April. These webinars will cover information about studying in Wellington, our subjects and degrees, accommodation, and scholarships. To book a webinar for your school, please email us. firstname.lastname@example.org
Take a look at our dedicated webpage for Careers Advisers. We will update this page with new developments and information on a regular basis. You’ll find resources to help your students make decisions about their future study plans and information about upcoming events. www.wgtn.ac.nz/careersadvisers
Liaison Advisor: Katie Barlow
Update and information for students: https://grow.lincoln.ac.nz/?grow
Here is a link to the scholarship database for Lincoln scholarships funded by outside providers: https://www.lincoln.ac.nz/Study/Qualifications/Qualification/scholarships/
Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
Liaison Advisor: Michael Collins
For students who have questions and want to book in an online meeting to chat directly with one of our team about their future study options, we will have our online booking form up and live on our website shortly.
I will be sure to let you know when both the video content and online booking form are live for you and your students to access.
If you have any questions or would like to make an appointment to meet with me to discuss options for next year, please do not hesitate. Please feel free to email me on email@example.com to arrange a time.