McKelvie | Scots College
Scots College McKelvie House


Fidus et Audax – Faithful and Courageous


House Director

‌ Mr Anand Ranchod

House Leader

Prashant Kumar




Lion from the Standard of Scotland


  • Named after Lynn Rutherford McKelvie
  • The building of the McKelvie Baths is the one single act that has brought the most pleasure to the most number of boys in the history of Scots College. It was the enthusiasm of one man who drove the project and it was his financial support that paid for them when completed in 1925. That man was Lynn R McKelvie of Flock House Station Block.
  • Board of Governors 1924-1925
  • Two sons John (LBJ) and Max (HJM) both boarders
  • Mrs McKelvie presented a silver cup for the Champion Shot Under 17


  • Pupil 1919-1925, shooting team, tennis team 1924
  • Prefect 1923-1924, Head Prefect 1925
  • Old Boys’ Association (now Collegians Association) Executive Member
  • Secretary 1927-1928 and 1930-1931
  • Member until 1939
  • President 1940-1942


  • Pupil 1922-1928
  • Prefect 1927-1928
  • CSM of Cadets
  • Hurdles Champion
  • 1st XV 1925-1928
  • Old Boys’ Association (now Collegians Association) Executive Member 1934-1935; 1938-1939
  • 1947 established Hurst Studios with wife Audrey, later became McKelvie Studios.
  • Max was Scots College School Photographer for many years. On retirement his son Ross carried on the tradition, travelling from Napier each year.

Our Location

Scots College
1 Monorgan Road
Strathmore Park
Wellington 6022
New Zealand
Scots College
PO Box 15064
Wellington 6243
New Zealand