Saturday 23 February 2019
10am – 3pm
Scots College Front Field
Put the 23 February into your diary and tell your friends!
What can you do?
- Sign-up to volunteer
- Donating Baking Ingredients
- Donate toys, games and childrens’ books
- Donate and drop off for the White Elephant/Garage Sale on Sat 16, Sun 17 or Tue 19 February
- Donate or sponsor other goods or services
Once again we will be hosting the bi-ennial Scots College Gala on the front field on Saturday 23 February 2019 in conjunction with the regional pipe band competition.
The Gala celebrates Scot’s place in the local community as well as being a major fundraiser for the College. The Gala is only run every two years with the 2019 Gala raising funds for the outdoor seating and environmental features of the new McKinnon Building.
1. Sign up to volunteer
This is the College’s biggest community and school event and to make it work smoothly, we need as many hands as possible to help us on the days leading up to the Gala, on the day of the Gala and immediately following the Gala.
There are a multitude of jobs that are on offer and different times and dates – check out the list of jobs on the online app. You might choose one slot or more – any help you can give is appreciated. Get in early to make sure you can get your first choice. It’s a great way to get to know some other parents in the community.
Click here to sign up
2. Donating Baking Ingredients
Continuing a long running initiative, for the Gala cake stall/bake sale we are running a ‘baking bee’. In addition to asking parents to donate home baked cakes to sell at the Gala some volunteers are gearing up to bake/cook up a storm of homemade fudge, treats and slices. As you can imagine this involves a considerable amount of baking ingredients and to help minimise the cost to these individual bakers we are calling out to all parents and caregivers to ask if you can please help by donating some of these baking ingredients during next week 11 – 15 February. We are hoping that if we all donate a little, it will help these bakers a lot!
To spread the ingredients, please read the list below and when you are at the supermarket over the next week purchase the item from your son’s year level and place these on the donation tables outside the Middle School office.
Year 7 and 8 Butter
Year 9 and 10 Condensed milk, White sugar
Year 11 and 12 Icing sugar, Super wine biscuits
Year 13 Flour, Dark chocolate blocks, chips or buttons
Prep School students will be bringing home cake boxes closer to the date. A seperate communication will be sent out regarding this.
If you would like to join the “baking bee” please be in touch with Michelle Chung at email@example.com.
3. Donate children’s toys, games and books
The Prep School are now collecting any donations of childrens toys, games or books for the Gala Garage Sale.
Drop off times and locations:
Wed 13 & Thu 14 February: Between 8-9am or 2.30 – 3.30pm to Year 5 classroom (P06)
Fri 15 February: Between 8-9am to Year 5 classroom (P06)
Wed 20 & Thu 21 February: Between 8-9am or 2.30 – 3.30pm to Chapel Assembly Hall
4. Donate and drop off for the White Elephant
Another way you can help is by donating your unwanted but perfectly okay goods (such as books, toys, games, household items and clothing) for the White Elephant and deliver them to the school drop off days on:
- Saturday 16 February or Sunday 17 February between 9am-3pm (Chapel Hall)
- Tuesday 19 February between 3.45-5.00pm (Chapel Hall)
We are looking for:
- Clothing (clean, non-ripped, unstained clothing please)
- Books (more specifically books suitable for primary aged children)
- Linens – towels, tea towels, sheets, pillow cases, etc. (clean, non-ripped, unstained and folded please)
- Crockery and Kitchen items
- Sports gear
- Musical instruments
- Toys and Games
This year we will not be accepting: Electronic Goods, DVDs and Videos. We are looking for items in good condition so please don’t be offended if goods are declined.
5. Donate / sponsor other goods or services
If you have business connections and are interested in donating or providing a discount to the Gala, it’s a great way to promote your business as well as support our community. Some of the things we are looking for include:
- We are on the hunt for a 20ft container to borrow for 10 days and are also keen to talk to anyone about using a Chiller trailer/truck for the 22/23 February
- Donating high value items for prizes
- Donating vouchers for goods or services
- Setting up / running an Indian Food Stall
- Setting up / running a Tombola Raffle Stall
- Providing food or beverage products i.e. drinks, sausages, bread, meat/fish, eggs, milk, etc.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our Event Manager on 027 2693939.