Rata Studios

Scots TV at Scots College


Alert Level 2 Update June 25

Sports draw changes 25 – 46 June
Please find here all changes to the sports draw for Friday 25 and Saturday 26 June

Alert Level 2 Update June 24

Dear Parents & Caregivers,

This afternoon’s press conference offering no current change in alert levels we remain as described in yesterday’s communication. Like most we remain vigilant of any further updates that could result in any required changes.

This update includes information on:

  • Events
  • Senior School Parent Teacher Interviews
  • Prep School Swimming Sports
  • Netball
  • College Sport Wellington

In addition to those events mentioned in yesterday’s communication the only other impacted event at this time is the Year 11 Arts Showcase scheduled for tomorrow, this has been postponed and we are working to find a suitable date during Term 3.

We will assess events scheduled for next week once we know more on the Alert Levels.

Senior School Parent Teacher Interviews
Due to the unforeseen upgrade of the Covid Alert Level for the Wellington region we had to cancel the Parent Teacher Interviews scheduled for Wednesday 23 June. The change in alert level at 6.00pm with the introduction of 100 people maximum gathering size meant we could no longer hold them as planned in the Gym.

These interviews provide essential feedback for both parents and students. The timing of them prior to the holidays allows students the opportunity to address any areas of concern before the start of Term 3. For these reasons we are going to make a change to our normal programme on Thursday 1 July to allow staff the opportunity to provide this feedback to the parents of students that have missed their interviews.

For this, school will close at 1.15pm Thursday 1 July for all Y7-13 students.
Students who need to remain at school will be supervised by staff until 3.30pm when normal Metlink school buses to the Railway Station and Karori will depart. Tranzit buses to Churton Park, Crofton Downs, Khandallah and the Hutt Valley shuttle will depart at 1.30pm.

Parents that had booked an interview for Wednesday 23 June will receive email feedback in place of an interview by 5.30pm Thursday 1 July.

We appreciate this is disruptive to some but it is important we are able to provide this feedback to students and parents before the holidays with certainty.

Prep School Swimming Sports
It is our intention to still hold the Prep School Swimming Sports on Thursday 1 July.  Once we have updated information regarding our Alert Level status, we will send more detailed communication around this event.

Games at Hataitai are cancelled – as it is now a testing station

Motu Kairangi – there will be time changes to the draw so there is an easier movement of people and no spectators. More information can be found on their website here.

ASB games are going ahead with no spectators and restrictions as noted in yesterday’s communication. More information is available on their website here.

College Sport Wellington
We have received an update from College Sport Wellington which I include for you below. We thank you in advance to adhering to these restrictions.

Following the government’s decision to elevate the Wellington Region to COVID Alert Level 2 through until Sunday June 27, College Sport Wellington and its member schools have been working hard to assess our options over the next several days. In particular we have been determining the most appropriate steps to ensure students can still access sporting opportunities, while at the same time adhering to the Alert Level 2 guidelines. Furthermore, given the fluid nature of events over the past 24 hours, a cautious approach to how we manage our competitions is prudent. 

We have therefore determined that College Sport Wellington competitions will proceed, but with a no-spectator policy in effect for all venues – both indoors and outdoors. We are cognisant of the capability of venues (both school and Council) to effectively manage the 100 person gathering limits. The no-spectator policy is the most effective and consistent way to support these venues. We acknowledge that this is disappointing to the many supporters, but it is your way of ensuring secondary school sport can continue under the current Alert Level guidelines. In terms of the participants themselves, the CSW team will work with venues to ensure games do not breach the 100 person limits. This, combined with likely inclement weather, may mean some changes to the draws and we urge people to check the College Sport Wellington website and app in due course.

We thank you in advance for your support of this decision and like you, we look forward to a quick return to Alert Level 1.

Any updates from College Sport Wellington can also be found on their website here.

Kind regards,
Graeme Yule

Alert Level 2 Update June 23

Dear Parents and Caregivers,
With the Wellington region moving to Alert Level 2 at 6pm tonight please find below details regarding any impacted areas of the College.

Following the Government’s guidelines at Alert Level 2 the College remains open.

As previously we will continue to follow the Government’s guidelines

This update includes information on:

  • Student safety information
  • Key dates and events
  • Boarding
  • Well-being
  • Transport
  • Catering
  • Sports and Cultural activities

Student safety information

  • If your child is at all unwell or displaying any symptoms of a running nose, coughing or higher temperature you must keep them at home.
  • If a student arrives at school unwell they will be required to return home.
  • To assist us in effective contact tracing we ask parents not to enter College grounds unless for a pre-arranged meeting, in which case you must report to the appropriate Reception area to sign in. Please use other safe areas around the College such as Broadway to drop off and collect your child.
  • The Ministry of Health are continuing to update the places of interest on their website here. Students who are considered a close contact should be isolating. If your child under the Ministry of Health guidelines needs to isolate please contact College Secretary Anne Bolton or Prep School Secretary, Olive Mulcahy via the absence line (04) 380 7588, email: absences@scotscollege.school.nz or via the absentee form on the College App.

College events
Unfortunately due to Covid restrictions not allowing public gatherings over 100 people, the need to keep students local, and the closure of some public amenities, we have had to cancel or postpone the following College events:

  • Senior School Parent Teacher Interviews scheduled for today are cancelled.
  • Thursday 24 June:
    • The Collegians Debate has been postponed
    • MS/Prep Hadlow fixture has been postponed until August 19
    • Students will not be attending purple power week activities at Wellington East Girls’ School
    • MS Emerging Athlete to Elite Athlete information evening has been postponed
  • Friday 25 June:
    • Prep School Discover Day & Senior School Girls Experience Day will be postponed
    • Year 13 Art trip is cancelled
    • Year 12/13 Economics trip to Parliament is cancelled
    • Year 7 Space Place trip is cancelled
    • Year 11 Art showcase has been cancelled
  • Sunday 27 June:
    • Prep School Church Service is cancelled
    • Fergusson House Church Service is cancelled

We are reviewing these in line with updates from the government and other external organisations and will communicate any changes. We encourage families to also use the College App for continuous updates.


We are reminded that in times such as these of the importance in caring for one another. There are a number of helpful resources focused on well-being available on the Mental Health Foundation’s website.
If your child has any health or well-being issues please contact their House Dean in the Senior and Middle Schools and their Home Room teacher in the Prep School to discuss.

The Tuck shop currently remains open and online ordering is available.
Until further notice normal transport options will be available. Students using public transport must wear a mask, this includes trains and ferries. Masks are not mandatory on College exclusive transport options (tranzit coaches), however students may choose to do so.
Sport and Cultural activities
We are yet to receive any information regarding any changes to sports or cultural activities.

The ASB Centre have advised that for any sports this afternoon and this evening, no spectators will be admitted and the underground carpark is closed. Games are still going ahead for coaches and players. Year 7&8 Basketball is still going ahead under these conditions.

College Sport Wellington have released an update regarding fixtures scheduled for this afternoon on their website, Table Tennis and Girls Div 2 Football have been postponed for today, all other sports go ahead. Information regarding fixtures scheduled for tomorrow, Friday and Saturday will be released tomorrow. Parents and students can keep informed via the College Sport Wellington website.

The well-being of our students, staff and community is paramount during these uncertain times. As further information comes to hand regarding our current situation we will communicate this with you.

Ngā mihi nui,
Graeme Yule

Our Location

Scots College
1 Monorgan Road
Strathmore Park
Wellington 6022
New Zealand
Scots College
PO Box 15064
Wellington 6243
New Zealand