Please click on the Cyclone button below to link to their purchase portal. Note the username and password on the button.
Student Devices Through Cyclone
1 to 1 programs enhance learning opportunities for students by providing access to information anywhere, any time. A major benefit in purchasing through Cyclone is knowing the device you are considering is the right device for the school and students and will maximise their learning. Personal devices enable two way communication and collaboration between teachers and students and extend learning beyond the classroom. Buying through Cyclone allows parents to take advantage of their personalised educational bundles. Cyclones purchasing portal is available exclusively online.
- Solutions to fit your school: Avoid potential confusion on which device to buy – your school’s portal only features devices with specifications that fit the minimum recommendations of the school.
- Education pricing: Take advantage of Cyclone’s special education pricing thanks to their high-level partnerships with vendors.
- Quality warranty & insurance options: Cyclone lists devices with a three-year warranty as part of their device bundles, plus excellent insurance options with super-low excess.
- Easy Checkout: Cyclone’s checkout process makes it simple to add the items you want to your cart and then complete your order. A variety of payment options are available, including credit card and direct deposit. Shop online, any time!
The Ordering Process
- Visit byod.cyclone.co.nz
- Select your school name – you will be redirected to your school’s login page.
- Enter your school password: scbyod
- Select your products and add them to your cart
- Payment must be made prior to delivery
Lead time and delivery:
To avoid frustration and disappointment, it is recommended that all orders be placed well in advance of required time lines. While Cyclone does have access to local stock, availability cannot always be guaranteed.
To guarantee supply of your order by the start of a school year, all orders should be placed before Christmas. Additionally if you want supply for Christmas your orders should be placed at least 2 weeks before.
Taking care of your device
- Your laptop is an expensive piece of electronic equipment and you should take great care with it.
- Never leave equipment unattended, even for a short time
- Keep drinks and water bottles well away from your device
- Never leave your device in an unlocked car and even in a locked car keep your device out of sight
- Always carry your device in its bag/sleeve and ensure the bag/sleeve is fully zipped up or closed
- Always look after your bag. Everyone knows what’s inside and remember to not throw your bag around
- If you are buying a personalised bag or sleeve make sure you buy something with suitable protection
- Insurance does not cover cosmetic damage,negligence, abuse or malicious damage
Please consider your insurance options carefully and understand what your excess would be on any potential claim. Cyclone offer an insurance with an excess of only $50, which is much lower than most standard house and content insurances.
The Crown Vero Material Damage Insurance sold by Cyclone is effective from the purchase date of your device, and will expire in accordance with your specific insurance terms and conditions. All claims are handled directly between the purchaser and Vero insurance.
cyclone.co.nz utilises a secure payment gateway for Visa and MasterCard credit card payments which is endorsed by our bank, Westpac. Your credit card details are not kept on file by Cyclone or any other affiliated parties. If paying by credit card you will be charged in full at the time of placing your order. This does not guarantee immediate shipment of your order.
Please note that there is a 1.9% Merchant Card Fee added to your credit card payment.
This is our preferred method of payment. If you select ‘Internet Direct Credit’ as the payment option, then you will be prompted with details of our bank account information and a reference number for you to add to the payment information. You are then able to use your own online banking facility to make the payment right away. Once we have confirmed receipt of the payment (usually next business day) we can then process your order immediately.