Wellington Phoenix Football Academy
UPDATE: WPFA website is now live!
Scots College is delighted to work with the Wellington Phoenix Football Academy as its primary education partner and are excited about the opportunities that the College will offer your son.
We have a proven track record of assisting such athletes as Steven Adams (NBA Basketball) and Victor Vito (All Black) achieve their dreams. As an educator and a parent, I believe that education is the greatest gift we can give our children. It is critical in today’s sporting world that students are prepared fully for their professional careers and beyond as well as having a “Plan B” should their dream not eventuate.
Since its foundation in 1916 Scots College has been a boys’ only Independent Boarding School with a Presbyterian heritage. Now an International Baccalaureate World School we offer a dual qualification pathway with a truly global perspective. With 3 distinct schools (Prep, Middle and Senior) within one College we are well positioned to provide a personalised education to help your son reach his potential. The IB Diploma offers students, particularly those from overseas the opportunity to undertake such academy courses while maintain a seamless qualification that is globally recognised.
The College motto is “Virtutem Paret Doctrina” – Let education make the All Round Man; where we develop well rounded young men of substance. Achievement levels by Scots College students have never been higher, preparing students for success at tertiary level and later in life.
A Scots College education offers your son the following features:
- A focus on quality and excellence – we unashamedly set our sights high academically, culturally and in the sporting arena, we encourage excellence and celebrate success
- A Dual educational pathway – offering the IB Diploma and NCEA qualification in the Senior School
- A Home away from Home in our Boarding House – catering for up to eighty 5 and 7 day boarders in single and twin rooms.
- A personal approach – small classes and a place where each child is known
- World class facilities – including the Hodge Sports Centre and Creative & Performing Arts Centre
- A highly qualified and motivated teaching Staff – College Staff are now exposed to the best professional development available globally. We all know the impact that excellent teachers have on students.
- A Global perspective – programs that prepare students to be global citizens
- Quality Pastoral Care –via the Houses and Home Rooms
I look forward to welcoming you and your son to the Scots College family where we will work with you and your son to realise his full potential.