Teacher of English (Years 7-13)
We are seeking to appoint a talented and motivated Teacher of English to teach in our Middle (Years 7 – 10) and Senior (Years 11 – 13) schools. This is a full time, permanent appointment to commence in time for the start of Term 2, April 2019.
Scots College is a world-class independent school with a strong Presbyterian heritage. From 2020 Scots will be enrolling girls in its senior school, Years 11-13. Based in the Eastern suburbs of Wellington, New Zealand, Scots College offers a vibrant learning environment, encouraging excellence in every facet of education. The College is proud of its dedicated staff who work hard to support and encourage the students. The school environment is strong and the staff work closely with parents to obtain the best outcomes for their children.
Scots College offers a dual pathway for its senior students offering both NCEA and the IB Diploma. The College is fully authorized for the delivery of the Diploma Programme and the Middle Years Programme. Experience teaching these programmes would be highly advantageous, although if necessary, training will be provided to the right candidate.
Applicants should have:
- Excellent general English teaching experience, and must have experience teaching senior classes, including Year 13
- Interdisciplinary teaching experience would be advantageous
- The ability to promote learning
- A willingness to move with the times and work to meet our future focused learning goals
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- A passion for education,
- The ability to manage and motivate young people
- A commitment to our special character and co-curricular programmes
If you are motivated by the prospect of being a part of a dynamic teaching environment and would enjoy the challenges of this exciting role, then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Applications close on Wednesday, 27 February 2019 and are to comprise a covering letter and current CV (stating teacher certification details, all teaching subjects and including the names of at least three referees). Applications are to be submitted electronically to:
Human Resources Manager
Tel. 04 388 0854
PO Box 15 064, Miramar