- Senior School
- Co-educational Senior School
- School Life
- Curriculum & Assessment
- Learning Support
- House System
- Pastoral Care
- Career Planning & Support
- Key Staff & Contacts
The burning bush, the symbol of the Presbyterian Church
Head of House
Named after Hon John Guthrie Wood Aitken, Co-Founder of the College and after whom Aitken Building is named.
- Aitken and James Gibb shared the same concern for education in a Christian environment.
- Aitken was appointed by the Wellington Presbytery to its College Committee in 1915 and he undertook the task of establishing the school, including the lease of the premises on 53 Hobson Street (the original address of Scots College where Queen Margaret College now resides).
- It was his donation that provided the greater part of the initial capital required to set up the college.
- Aitken continued to lend his wise counsel to the Board of Governors as vice-chairman from its beginnings in 1916 to his death on 17 August 1921.