Scots College McKelvie House
 
 

McKelvie

 

Fidus et Audax – Faithful and Courageous

McKelvie

House Director

Mrs Susan Levett

House Leader

Charlie Barton

Colour

Yellow

Shield

Lion from the Standard of Scotland

History

  • Named after Lynn Rutherford McKelvie
  • The building of the McKelvie Baths is the one single act that has brought the most pleasure to the most number of boys in the history of Scots College. It was the enthusiasm of one man who drove the project and it was his financial support that paid for them when completed in 1925. That man was Lynn R McKelvie of Flock House Station Block.
  • Board of Governors 1924-1925
  • Two sons John (LBJ) and Max (HJM) both boarders
  • Mrs McKelvie presented a silver cup for the Champion Shot Under 17

John:

  • Pupil 1919-1925, shooting team, tennis team 1924
  • Prefect 1923-1924, Head Prefect 1925
  • Old Boys’ Association Executive Member
  • Secretary 1927-1928 and 1930-1931
  • Member until 1939
  • President 1940-1942

Max:

  • Pupil 1922-1928
  • Prefect 1927-1928
  • CSM of Cadets
  • Hurdles Champion
  • 1st XV 1925-1928
  • Old Boys’ Association Executive Member 1934-1935; 1938-1939
  • 1947 established Hurst Studios with wife Audrey, later became McKelvie Studios.
  • Max was Scots College School Photographer for many years. On retirement his son Ross carried on the tradition, travelling from Napier each year.

Our Location

Scots College
1 Monorgan Road
Strathmore Park
Wellington 6022
New Zealand
Scots College
PO Box 15064
Miramar
Wellington 6243
New Zealand
X