- Our Community
- McKinnon era Reunion
- Scots Collegians’ Association (SCA)
- Scots Collegians’ Events
- Scots Collegians’ Association Garden of Honour
- Great Scots Distinguished Alumni
- Scots Collegians’ Update Your Details
- Scots Collegians’ Communications
- Scots Collegians’ Executive
- Scots Collegians’ Representatives
- Scots College Parents’ Association
- Scots College Foundation
- The Foundation Scholarship Fund
- Scots College Supporters’ Club
- Scots College Merchandise
What we do
Our job is to make sure that parents’ contributions are used to benefit parents and students across the school.
The SCPA has three main objectives:
- Fun/friend-raising– to promote and organise social occasions for parents/caregivers, staff and students;
- Forum – to provide a forum for communication between the Headmaster and Principals and parents; and
- Fund-raising– to raise funds to support initiatives around the College campus that benefit all Scots College students in both Prep, Middle and Senior schools.
Fun & Friendship
The SCPA arrange social functions for parents to socialise with other parents and staff.
Check the calendar for what events are on this year.
The SCPA is a great way to get to know some other parents in the school. It’s a chance to have some fun and build friendships while supporting fund-raising efforts.
The SCPA aims to provide a meeting place for parents to share ideas and engage in open discussion with the school.
Attending monthly meetings is a good chance to connect with other parents informally. We manage a rotating agenda and look to invite school leaders including the Board and all Principals. It’s a great chance to get to find out about what different parts of the school are doing, but also to ask questions and make suggestions.
Current fund-raising initiatives
Each year, the SCPA sets out our annual fund-raising goals and initiatives. There are three key areas of focus for 2016.
- Our current fund-raising initiative is Operation Monkey Bars. The SCPA has committed to providing funding towards the upgrade of the years 1-8 playground including new artificial turf and play equipment. This has been recently completed as part of the Centenary celebrations.
- Each year, a sum of up to $5,000 is made available to the Headmaster to support an individual student representing Scots College / Wellington at a National or International level in their chosen sport, cultural pursuit or academic level. Find out more about the award
- We also support a range of school-wide functions by providing event catering and service. Some of the functions include School in Action, Grandparent’s Day, Parent presentations, and teacher interviews amongst others.
How we raise funds
The SCPA are involved in a number of different fund-raising activities throughout the year including:
- Parents’ dinner & dance
- Bi-annual gala
- Other parent themed events
- Entertainment Book – Digital Membership – Find out more or Order online now.