- Our Community
- Scots College Old Boys’ Association (SCOBA)
- Scots College Parents’ Association
- Scots College Foundation
- The Foundation Scholarship Fund
- Scots College Supporters’ Club
- Scots College Merchandise
Great Scots Distinguished Alumni Nomination
Scots College has a proud heritage of producing the All-Round Man. Looking back through the history of the College it is clear that Scots has produced many Old Boys to be proud of: from captains of industry, and sporting greats to men who have served their nation well.
The Great Scots Distinguished Alumni (Great Scots) scheme recognises outstanding Scots College Old Boys who have gone on to make significant achievements at national and international levels while still demonstrating the characteristics of the All-Round Man.
Nominations open in February each year and close mid-April. To be presented in the same year where possible.
Any past Scots student can be formally nominated by two people of which one must be a member of the wider Scots College community.
Great Scots honours Old Boys who:
- are outstanding achievers in their field of expertise
- have made a significant contribution at a national or international level
- stand out above and beyond their peers
- display the characteristics of the All-Round Man.
- Self-nominations not accepted.
- Awards will only be made in a given year where a suitable candidate meets the criteria.
- The Selection Committee reserves the right to hold nominations over to the following year.
- The decision of the Selection Committee is final and no further correspondence will be entered into.
- Candidates may be nominated in more than one year if unsuccessful.
- Awards may be made post-posthumously.
- Nominees must support the values of and display willingness to be involved in the life of Scots College.
All former students are eligible for this award. While the focus is on inducting living old boys it can be awarded posthumously in certain circumstances where the candidate’s merit is deemed to be significant.
The Great Scots Scheme is run by the College with input from the SCOBA Executive. A selection committee of three to be made up of: Old Boys (e.g. SCOBA chair or nominated representative), School Executive (e.g. Head Master or nominated representative) Voting must be unanimous.