- Our Community
- McKinnon era Reunion
- Scots Collegians’ Association (SCA)
- Scots Collegians’ Events
- Scots Collegians’ Association Garden of Honour
- Great Scots Distinguished Alumni
- Scots Collegians’ Update Your Details
- Scots Collegians’ Communications
- Scots Collegians’ Executive
- Scots Collegians’ Representatives
- Scots College Parents’ Association
- Scots College Foundation
- The Foundation Scholarship Fund
- Scots College Supporters’ Club
- Scots College Merchandise
Great Scots Distinguished Alumni Nomination
SC has a proud heritage of producing students who exemplify All-Round Character. Looking back through the history of the College it is clear that Scots has produced many Collegians’ to be proud of: from captains of industry, and sporting greats who have served their nation well.
The Great Scots Distinguished Alumni (Great Scots) scheme recognises outstanding Scots College Collegians’ who have gone on to make significant achievements at national and international levels.
Nominations open in February each year and close mid-April. To be presented in the same year where possible.
Any past Scots student can be formally nominated by two people of which one must be a member of the wider Scots College community.
Great Scots honours past students who:
- are outstanding achievers in their field of expertise
- have made a significant contribution at a national or international level
- stand out above and beyond their peers
- demonstrate All-Round character.
- Self-nominations not accepted.
- Awards will only be made in a given year where a suitable candidate meets the criteria.
- The Selection Committee reserves the right to hold nominations over to the following year.
- The decision of the Selection Committee is final and no further correspondence will be entered into.
- Candidates may be nominated in more than one year if unsuccessful.
- Awards may be made post-posthumously.
- Nominees must support the values of and display willingness to be involved in the life of Scots College.
All former students are eligible for this award. While the focus is on inducting living past students it can be awarded posthumously in certain circumstances where the candidate’s merit is deemed to be significant.
The Great Scots Scheme is run by the College with input from the Collegians’ Executive. A selection committee of three to be made up of: Past Students (e.g. Scots Collegians’ Association chair or nominated representative), School Executive (e.g. Head Master or nominated representative) Voting must be unanimous.