Scots College Fergusson House
 
 

Fergusson

Fergusson

 

Emblem

The symbol of the thistle comes from His Excellency’s coat of arms.

Colour

Green

Established

1934

Fergusson Representative

Callum Horne

House Dean

Ms Hannah McGee

History

Named after His Excellency the Governor General, Sir Charles Fergusson, whose tartan the Pipe Band wears and which is represented in carpet featured in key places throughout the College.

  • General Sir Charles Fergusson, 7th Baronet GCB,GCMG, DSO, MVO (17 January 1865 – 20 February 1951) was a British Army Officer and Governor-General of New Zealand.
  • Fergusson House was established in 1935 as a ‘club’ in honour of General Sir Charges Fergusson, Bart., KCB, GCMG, DSO, MVO, a former Governor General of New Zealand, 1924-1930.
  • At present, Sir Bernard’s son, Geordie, is the British High Commissioner to New Zealand.
  • The Fergusson tartan features in the kilts worn by members of the Pipe Band, the rugs on the boarders’ beds in Gibb House, the carpet in the Chapel, Smith Lecture Theatre, Prep School Reception and the main entrance to the Aitken Building.
  • Fergusson House honours this family and has adopted the Scottish thistle from the top of the Fergusson Coat of Arms. It is portrayed on a green background.

Our Location

Scots College
1 Monorgan Road
Strathmore Park
Wellington 6022
New Zealand
Scots College
PO Box 15064
Miramar
Wellington 6243
New Zealand
X