- International Services
- Education Code of Practice
- Studying at Scots College
- How To Apply
- International Application Form
- Care & Supervision
- Our International Students
- Life In Wellington
- Academic Pathways
- International Partnerships
- Key Staff & Contacts
How To Apply
Scots College welcomes International Students from around the world.
The application procedure is simple, and follows the steps below.
- Apply online, or download an (215KB) form and return by email or post, along with scanned copies of all supporting documentation.
- Once the Application for International Enrolment is received our Director of International Students will contact you to arrange a time for an Online Interview and Placement Test with your son.
- Following the Online Interview and Placement Test you will be sent an official Letter of Acceptance, Offer of Place and Fees Invoice. We will also send additional forms for you to sign and return to us including a Confirmation of Acceptance.
- An Enrolment Processing Fee of NZD $1,250 is payable within three weeks
- As soon as we receive payment of the full tuition fees we will issue you with a Letter of Fees Receipt. You will need this letter, along with the Offer of Place to apply for a Student Visa. Please note it can take up to two months to get a Student Visa so we recommend you apply well in advance.
- A member of our International team will continue to liaise with you in order to ensure you have all the information you need as you prepare for your son’s education at the College.
- We will meet your son at the airport on arrival in Wellington, and to ensure he has a smooth transition to his accommodation (Boarding or Homestay).
- A full Orientation and Induction programme is provided to all new International Students to help them quickly settle into life at the College.
Age and Entry Level
Scots College accepts International students from Year 1-6 (aged 5 to 10 years) if living in Wellington with a parent, Year 7 and 8 (aged 11 to 12 years) if living in the College boarding house, and Year 9 to 13 (aged 13 to 18 years).
All applicants must be able to demonstrate a minimum capability in English to be enrolled. English language ability is assessed via an online interview (Skype). The interview is used to assess spoken, oral, reading and comprehensions skills. The level of English required will depend on the age and Year level of the student.
If a student does not have sufficient command of the English language it may be necessary for him to undertake a period of intensive language study at one of our partner English Language Schools. We are able to assist in making arrangements for this.
Fees, Refund Conditions, Fee Protection
Tuition fees are paid at the beginning of a calendar year for the full year. Students who start part way through the year will be invoiced on a pro-rate basis.
All tuition fees must be direct credited to the Scots College Trust Account following a student being offered a place at the College. When monies have been received a student will be provided with a Letter of Fees Receipt which is required Student Visa application.
Scots College bank account details are:
Bank account number: 01-0504-0048892-29
Name of Bank: ANZ Banking Group [New Zealand] Limited
Branch: Kilbirnie, 39 Bay Road, Wellington, New Zealand
Please quote your family code when making a transaction.
[The family code appears at the bottom of the remittance advice attached to the invoice.]
Credit Card Facility
Visit our credit card payment gateway at https://www.scotscollege.school.nz/admissions/pay-fees-online/
Please contact the Business Centre if you have any enquiries about your account:
Mrs Virginia Abbott
phone +64 4 388 0879
This link to a Currency Converter from MSN NZ Money is provided for your convenience. Please note that the figures derived are indicative and serve as your approximate guide only. Bank or financial institution rates and service fees vary.
Refund Conditions & Fee Protection
The College has a Refund Condition and Fee Protection policy (PDF 168KB) in place. Please read this policy carefully to ensure you understand the circumstances for which you may be eligible for a refund.