NZ Post Book Awards Winners announced
The true story of a World War l Kiwi soldier has won the country’s highest honour in children’s writing at the 2012 New Zealand Post Children’s Book Awards.
Nice Day for a War, by author Matt Elliot and illustrated by Chris Slane was awarded the 2012 New Zealand Post Children’s Book of the Year at a ceremony held in Wellington. The book is based on the original diaries of Elliot’s grandfather, Corporal Cyril Elliot.
“Nice Day for a War is a stand-out book which offers young readers an honest glimpse into the lives of soldiers during World War I,” says Gillian Candler, the Awards Convenor of Judges.
For more information on other award winners, go to Booksellers.
- Book Review: The Cat's Table
- Book Review: Tana Umaga, a Tribute to a Rugby Legend
- 'Story of the All Blacks' offer
- Book Review: The Nature of Ash
- Book review: The Red House
- Book Review: Looking for Alaska
- Book Review: Wonder
- Book Review: The Fault in our Stars
- Book Review: The Card Turner
- Book Review: The Great Harlequin Grim
- Book Review: An Abundance of Katherines
- NZ Post Book Awards Winners announced
- [Book of the Week] Brotherband: The Outcasts
- [Book of the Week] Life: An Exploded Diagram
- Book of the Week: Princes Among Men