- Application Process
- Domestic Application Form
- Open Days
- Contact our Enrolment Team
- Pay Fees Online
Transport to and from College for 2017
There are transport options to and from the College for students in the Khandallah, Crofton Downs, Churton Park, Hutt Valley, Eastbourne and Island Bay areas.
Please read our bus and rail information document for more information
Wellington Railway Station
Go Wellington operates a school bus service for Scots College to and from the College and the Wellington Railway Station. Students must submit an Express bus Permission form to use the Railway Express. Note: You will need to submit the Express Bus Permission Form ( PDF 149KB) to use the Railway Station Express.
- Students use a Snapper card. Students are able to get a school ID card that doubles as a Snapper Card and allows students to use them to pay for public transport.
- Term rail passes may be purchased from the Uniform Shop but must be ordered prior to the end of each term.
- Scots boys should assemble well back from the footpath. It is expected that all boys will behave in an orderly manner.
Under no circumstances are Senior and Middle School students to travel on buses designated as Prep School only without permission.
- The afternoon buses for the Prep School depart at 3.25pm and buses for the Middle and Senior Schools depart at 3.40pm. However, it is possible for Prep School boys to remain behind and catch the later bus which travels via Roseneath to the Railway Station.
Khandallah, Crofton Downs and Churton Park Buses
Details regarding the routes of services from Khandallah, Crofton Downs and Churton Park buses are given in the following pages. These routes are reviewed throughout the year and parents will be notified of any changes if they occur. All Tranzit service stops will be from Metlink bus stops, please note that although the stops are at Metlink stops Tranzit are a seperate organisation and the timetable for Scots services will not be found on the Metlink sites. All these stops are coded with a unique number which can be searched and mapped using the http://www.metlink.org.nz/ site. Boys will only be picked up and dropped off at these stops to adhere to health and safety rules regarding Tranzit operations.
If you wish for your son to use these services please fill in the Tranzit Letter & Form T1 2017 form and return to Will Struthers before Tuesday 2 February.
Secondary boys must be at the College each day by 8.35 am.
Prep School boys must be at College each day by 8.30 am.
Days Bay Ferry
- This ferry runs between Days Bay and Seatoun
- Ferry is a public service run by East by West with one morning sailing departing Days Bay at 8.05am and arriving at Seatoun at 8.20am. There are two afternoon sailings, departing Seatoun at 4.00 and 6.10pm.
- A shuttle connection is available to transfer students to the College. This shuttle connects with the 8.05am sailing only. Places are limited and it is charged on a termly basis like the other shuttle.
The College operates daily shuttle services, mornings and afternoons, for students who reside in Island Bay and Central/Lower Hutt. There is also a shuttle which picks students up from the 8.05am Eastbourne ferry at Seatoun wharf and then travels to the College.
The shuttle service is a popular service with route details as below:
Seatoun Wharf – Morning only
Pick up at the wharf, departure time determined by arrival time of ferry.
Island Bay – Morning and afternoon
Pick up 1 – Dee Street, 8am
Pick up 2 – 242 The Esplanade, 8.05am
Pick up 3 – Lyall Bay Service Station, 8.10am
Hutt Valley – Morning and afternoon
Pick up 1 – Chilton St James, 7.30am
Pick up 2 – Subway Petone, 7.40am
Pick up 3 – Petone Railway Station, 7.50am
Drop-off points are the same as the pick-up ones for Island Bay and Central Hutt and can be interchanged if required.
The shuttles operate on a termly basis and, if numbers are high, preference is given to those students who make the return trip.
We are now accepting students for these services for Term 3.
For all confirmations, cancellations and enquiries, please email Anne Bolton, College Secretary, at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone on 04-3880850. These services are available to all students in Prep, Middle and Senior Schools.
Shuttles – Anne Bolton, College Reception (388 0850)
Tranzit or Middle School – Will Struthers, DP Operations – Middle School (388 0850 ext 836)
General or Senior School – Jason Laverock, Deputy Principal – Senior School (388 0850)
Prep School – Olive Mulcahy, PA to the Prep School Principal (388 0863 ext 801)