- Application Process
- Domestic Application Form
- Open Days
- Uniform & Shop
- Contact our Enrolment Team
- Pay Fees Online (Student and Family Fees)
Transport to and from the College
The College uses public transport links and a range of other transport options which are exclusive to Scots College Students. Our website contains information about the Metlink services and routes, our Tranzit services, Shuttles and Ferry Service.
General Bus & Rail Information
Nearly all students now use a Snapper card for travelling on public buses. The College ID card serves as proof of age and identity to make sure that students are able to purchase the appropriate Snapper card during their time at the College and are charged the appropriate fare. The College provides students with the ability to top up the Snapper Card at school and even purchase a Snapper Card.
When using public transport, Scots students should assemble well back from the footpath. It is expected that all students will behave in an orderly manner when using buses and shuttles. Students represent the College when using any form of public transport or the Tranzit, shuttle, train or ferry services.
All morning services are scheduled to arrive well before 8.45am. All afternoon services will depart the College by 3.40pm
Metlink Time Tables
For details about route maps and bus stops, please visit the Metlink website (school timetables). This provides the most up to date and accurate information about all Metlink services, including train timetables.
Changes to the Metlink Timetable
Metlink have finalised and published changes to the bus service which covers Scots College. Please see the attached letter from Metlink which details these changes.
What will the new proposals mean for Scots College in 2020?
- Firstly, the final changes will not be posted on the Metlink website until 23/12/2019
- The 782 will continue to serve Scots in the mornings and afternoons. The afternoon timetable will remain as for 2019. However, the morning trip departure time has changed. This trip will depart 10 mins earlier, at 7.45am, from Lambton Quay – Old Govt Buildings bus stop. The earlier departure means the timetable better reflects actual travel time, and gets the bus to College for the Prep School’s bell time.
- The 783 will not run in the morning. Instead, a larger 784 will run.
- The 784 will run in the morning and afternoon.
- The 790 is being replaced by an extended public bus, the 21.
- The 791 will run in the morning and afternoon, but is also intended to service St Pat’s Town and Rongotai.
Changes to timings and routes
- NB some of these changes are significant, especially for those who use a train service into Wellington CBD.
- The 782 will depart 10 mins earlier at 7.45am arriving at Scots at 8.17am. In the afternoon it will leave at 3.40pm and arrive at the station at 4.10pm .
- The 784 will depart at 7.52am, 8 minutes earlier than in 2019. This will impact students arriving on trains from the Hutt/Kapiti Coast. It should arrive at Scots by 8.20am. In the afternoon, it will leave Scots at 3.40pm and arrive at the station at 4.20pm.
- The 21 will leave Karori Mall at 7.20am. The old 790 service used to leave from the same place 20 minutes later. It’s scheduled to arrive at Scots by 8.13am.
- The 21 is scheduled to leave Scots at 3.35pm in the afternoons, 5 minutes earlier than the 2019 schedule. It is scheduled to arrive at Karori Mall at 4.18pm.
- The 791 will leave Karori Arlington St at 7.35am, 5 minutes earlier than the 2019 schedule and will change route through Kilbirnie. It is scheduled to arrive at Scots by 8.24am.
- The 791 will leave Scots at 3.40pm in the afternoon, but will not go via Ira St and Miramar Cutting. Instead it will go direct to Cobham Drive via Calabar Road. It is scheduled to arrive at the Karori Road stop at 4.35pm.
Other Transport Options
Khandallah, Crofton Downs, Churton Park and Island Bay Tranzit Buses services are for the exclusive use of Scots College Students across Prep, Middle and Senior.
In 2020 the College will be operating Tranzit buses to and from Khandallah, Crofton Downs, Churton Park and Island Bay.
Details regarding the routes of these buses are given on the Tranzit bus service page. These routes are reviewed throughout the year and parents will be notified of any changes if they occur. All Tranzit service stops will be from Metlink bus stops. All these stops are coded with a unique number which can be searched and mapped using the www.metlink.org.nz site. Students will only be picked up and dropped off at these stops to adhere to health and safety rules regarding Tranzit operations.
In the mornings, the Island Bay Tranzit bus picks up students through Island Bay and Lyall Bay en route to the College. It drops students off at Scots before then going onto the Seatoun wharf where it picks up students who are using the ferry service from Days Bay.
Students wishing to use these Tranzit services will need to buy a 10 Trip Pass or a Term Pass. These are available via the Business Centre and the School Shop.
Scots College Shuttles
Central Hutt and Seatoun Ferry shuttle services are for the exclusive use of Scots College students across Prep, Middle and Senior. These services are reviewed periodically and operate on a termly basis.
Students need to purchase a transport pass to use the shuttle services. Details about routes and times can be found on the Shuttle services page
- The Central Hutt shuttles operate to and from the College.
- Limited places available with preference given to return passengers/those who use the service the most throughout the school week.
- Students arrive at College no later than 8.30am and depart from the College at 3.40pm.
- Students wishing to use the Shuttles will need to please contact Anne Bolton on 3880850 to confirm or register interest in any of these services
Days Bay Ferry
- The ferry is a public service run by East by West with one morning sailing departing Days Bay at 8.10am and arriving at Seatoun at 8.30am. There are two afternoon sailings, departing Seatoun at 4.00pm and 6.15pm.
- A Tranzit shuttle connection is available to transfer students to the College. This shuttle connects with the 8.10am sailing only. Students need to make their own way to the afternoon sailings.
Students using any shuttle or Tranzit bus service must possess either a Term Pass or a 10 Trip Pass. 10 trip passes continue to be valid across terms. Passes can be ordered online and collected from the College uniform shop or the Business Centre during school holidays. Payments for these passes are charged to your account.
Students are required to show their pass to the driver when boarding for each trip. Drivers will mark each trip on a 10 trip pass.
Term pass prices are reflective of the number of weeks per term with the below reflecting the remaining 7 weeks of Term 2. Term Passes are adjusted each term based on the number of weeks within that term.
|Tranzit Buses||Term Pass||10 Trip|
|Khandallah, Crofton Downs, Churton Park||$310||$45|
|Seatoun (mornings only)||$110||$35|
Booking of these services and passes can be made on the Transport Pass Order Form. These costs are reviewed each term and are dependent on the number of passengers. Orders are now open for Term 2 2020 passes with tickets available for collection from Monday 18 May.
General Enquiries: Anne Bolton, College Reception (388 0850)
Tranzit Busses: Will Struthers, DP Operations – Middle School
Metlink/Island Bay Tranzit: Jason Laverock DP Operations – Senior School
Prep School: Olive Mulcahy Prep School Secretary