- Application Process
- Domestic Application Form
- Open Days
- Uniform & Shop
- Contact our Enrolment Team
- Pay Fees Online
Transport to and from College for 2018
There are transport options to and from the College for students in the Khandallah, Crofton Downs, Churton Park, Hutt Valley, Eastbourne and Island Bay areas.
Please read our bus and rail information document for more information
Secondary boys must be at the College each day by 8.35 am.
Prep School boys must be at College each day by 8.30 am.
There are going to be changes to the bus services across the Wellington region. This might impact upon the services to and from Scots College. We will notify the College community of any significant changes, once we have new information from the service providers.
General Bus & Rail Information
- As from Wednesday 31st January, all school bus and shuttle services will resume.
- Nearly all students now use a Snapper card. The College ID card serves as proof of age and identity to make sure that students are able to purchase the appropriate Snapper card during their time at the College and are charged the appropriate fare. The College provides students with the ability to top up the Snapper Card at school.
- Please refer to this transport information document for descriptions of various routes which the buses are scheduled to follow – Tranzit bus routes will now pick up and drop off as designated metlink bus stops (see route details).
- Rail passes may be purchased from the Uniform Shop. The uniform shop requires confirmation before 26 January 2018 to ensure there are enough tickets for the term. Parents/students can call the Uniform shop prior to the start of the term (380 8536).
- Scots boys should assemble well back from the footpath. It is expected that all boys will behave in an orderly manner when using buses and shuttles. Students represent the College when using public transport.
- The afternoon buses for the Prep School depart at 3.25pm and buses for the Middle and Senior Schools depart at 3.40pm. However, it is possible for Prep School boys to remain behind and catch the later bus which travels via Roseneath to the Railway Station.
Khandallah, Crofton Downs and Churton Park Buses
In 2018 the College will be operating buses to and from Khandallah, Crofton Downs and Churton Park.
Details regarding the routes of these buses are given on this document. These routes are reviewed throughout the year and parents will be notified of any changes if they occur. All Tranzit service stops will be from metlink bus stops. All these stops are coded with a unique number which can be searched and mapped using the www.metlink.org.nz site. Boys will only be picked up and dropped off at these stops to adhere to health and safety rules regarding Tranzit operations.
Students wishing to use these services must complete the registration form below and passes will be issued on a termly basis. Charges will be per term and preference will be given to students travelling every day and in both directions.
Other Transport Options
Days Bay Ferry
- This ferry runs between Days Bay and Seatoun
- Ferry is a public service run by East by West with one morning sailing departing Days Bay at 8.05am and arriving at Seatoun at 8.20am. There are two afternoon sailings, departing Seatoun at 4.00 and 6.10pm.
- A shuttle connection is available to transfer students to the College. This shuttle connects with the 8.05am sailing only. Places are limited and it is charged on a termly basis like the other shuttle.
Scots College Shuttles
The college operates daily shuttle services, mornings and afternoons, for students who reside in Island Bay and Central Hutt. There is also a shuttle which picks students up from the 8.05am Eastbourne ferry at Seatoun wharf and then travels to the College.
The shuttle service is a popular service with route details as below:
Seatoun Wharf – Morning only
Pick up at the wharf, departure time determined by arrival time of ferry.
Island Bay – Morning and afternoon
Pick up 1 – Dee Street, 8am
Pick up 2 – 242 The Esplanade, 8.05am
Pick up 3 – Lyall Bay Service Station, 8.10am
Hutt Valley – Morning and afternoon
Pick up 1 – Chilton St James, 7.30am
Pick up 2 – Subway Petone, 7.40am
Pick up 3 – Kathmandu Store, 7.45am
Drop-off points are the same as the pick-up ones for Island Bay and Central Hutt and can be interchanged if required.
The shuttles operate on a termly basis and, if numbers are high, preference is given to those students who make the return trip.
For all confirmations, cancellations and enquiries, please email Anne Bolton, College Secretary, at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone on 04-3880850. These services are available to all students in Prep, Middle and Senior Schools.
Shuttles – Anne Bolton, College Reception (388 0850)
Tranzit or Middle School – Will Struthers, DP Operations – Middle School (388 0850 ext 836)
General or Senior School – Jason Laverock, Deputy Principal – Senior School (388 0850)
Prep School – Olive Mulcahy, PA to the Prep School Principal (388 0863 ext 801)